Commercial dog treats can be full of corn or other questionable ingredients. Make your own easy homemade dog treats with this one ingredient tutorial and feed your pet healthy homemade dog treats.
- Fresh Sweet Potatoes or Yams (Use organic for organic treats)
- Wash the sweet potatoes and remove any bad spots. Slice the potatoes ¼-3/8 inch thick.
- Place slices on a parchment line baking sheet and place in a 200 degree oven. Bake for one hour then turn the slices over and bake for another hour.
- Check to see if the slices are no longer damp, but still pliable.If the slices need more time, turn the slices over again and bake for 30 minutes. Continue tuning and baking for 30 minutes until the slices are not wet but still bend without breaking.
- Store in an air tight container for a week or in the refrigerator for several weeks. You can also freezer the slices to make them last longer, defrost before feeding them to your pet.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 7
Keywords: homemade dog treats, healthy dog treats, sweet potato dog treats