This easy and delicious chicken taco recipe cooks in your crock pot (no defrosting) and eliminates taco seasoning packets. It’s perfect for busy days.
- 1 –2.5 lbs bag of frozen chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic or onion powder (not salt)
- ¼ tsp oregano
- Place frozen chicken into the crock pot. Do not thaw!
- Dump the spices onto the chicken.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 8-9 hours
- Stir to combine spices, shred chicken in crock pot
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings. We love our soft shell tacos with cheese, lettuce, diced tomatoes, salsa, and homemade guacamole.
- Enjoy your homemade dinner.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 0.1
- Sodium: 73.3
- Fat: 1.9
- Carbohydrates: 1.2
- Protein: 13.6
- Cholesterol: 43.1
Keywords: healthy chicken tacos, crock pot chicken tacos, slow cooker chicken tacos