Love banana muffins but don’t love all the sugar, fat, and processed white flour found in most recipes. These Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins are easy to whip up in the blender PLUS they taste amazing. Try them today!
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup banana, mashed (about 2–3 medium)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/3 cup walnuts (for tops)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in blender. Puree until smooth.
- Stir nuts into batter if desired, do not blend.
- Allow batter to rest for 10 minutes.
- Line muffin tin with parchment muffin liners and fill ¾ full with batter (about 1/3 cup).
- Top muffins with nuts, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. (A toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin should come out clean.)
Use parchment baking cups. Healthy muffins have a habit of sticking to the baking cups and muffin tins. Parchment baking cups will prevent them from sticking, no greasing needed.
Let the muffin batter rest. Allow the batter to rest for 10 to 20 minutes before scooping it into the baking cups. This allows the oats to soften for more fluffy muffin.
Overfill the baking cups. Want your muffins to look as fluffy as mine? Fill the baking cups 3/4 full. Gluten-free muffins do not rise as much as traditional muffins so overfilling the tins will make them look taller.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 9.9
- Sodium: 200.3
- Fat: 3.3
- Carbohydrates: 23.7
- Protein: 4.4
- Cholesterol: 26.9
Keywords: banana oatmeal muffins