Love banana muffins but don't love all the sugar, fat, and processed white flour found in most recipes? These Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins are easy to whip up in the blender PLUS they are contain none of the icky white stuff but taste amazing. Try them today!
This post uses affiliate links. They don’t cost you a thing and help us bring you creative projects. Read more in Policies & Disclosures.
Healthy gluten free muffins are my jam! Honestly, I think I'm getting a little obsessed.
I've been making no sugar, no fat, no flour oatmeal muffins for several years and love experimenting with different flavors and sweeteners. It all started with my classic Healthy Oatmeal Muffins which lead to chocolate muffins then pumpkin muffin, zucchini muffins, and more!
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins Love
Honestly, it's gluten free, sugar free heaven around here!
My kids love all the different muffin flavors, I love having healthy baked goods on hand for a lunch box treat, a easy breakfast, or a quick snack.
There are so many things to love about this recipe! My 3 favorite things:
- The recipe uses oatmeal in place of flour… no need to buy any special gluten free flour or baking mix!
- The muffins are sweetened with honey instead of processed white sugar or artificial sweetener. (I know, I know honey contains sugar… but it is my belief that a healthy balanced diet can contain naturally occurring sugars. I prefer to consume those instead of artificial sweeteners.)
- Blending the muffins make them easy to prepare and easy to clean up. Plus it gives the oatmeal muffins the smooth texture of classic banana bread.
Love banana muffins but don't love all the sugar, fat, and processed white flour found in most recipes. These Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins are easy to whip up in the blender PLUS they taste amazing. Try them today!
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup banana, mashed (about 2-3 medium)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/3 cup walnuts (for tops)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place all ingredients in blender. Puree until smooth.
Stir nuts into batter if desired, do not blend.
Allow batter to rest for 10 minutes.
Lin muffin tin with muffin liners and fill ¾ full with batter (about 1/3 cup).
Top muffins with nuts, if desired.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. (A toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin should come out clean.)
Use jumbo muffin liners so you can fill the muffin tins more fully without them spilling over. This will make the muffins more rounded, as pictured.
Easy Blender Recipe
I make these muffins in the blender because it is less messy than the traditional bowl method. The blender grinds the oatmeal into flour as it mixes so the muffins have a smooth, flour-like texture.
Another bonus? Using whole oats in the blender means you don't have to mess with any unusual gluten free flours or additives such a xanthan gum. You probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now!
I hope you try this easy muffin recipe. You'll love how simple it is to make, your family will love the baked treats!
Like my easy recipes? Sign up for my newsletter below and never miss a thing!