Stop wasting under ripe green tomatoes. It is easy to whip up a Greek salad that uses all the beautiful summer produce including green tomatoes.
- 2 cups cucumber (roughly diced)
- 1 cup green tomatoes (roughly diced)
- 2 cups ripe tomatoes (roughly diced)
- 1/3–1/2 cup Kalamata olives (pitted and quartered)
- 1/4–1/2 cup scallions (chopped)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil (thinly sliced)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1–2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 1–2 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2–1 tsp coarse sea salt (to taste)
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add all vegetables to combine and stir to coat with dressing and evenly distribute ingredients.
- Serve immediately or chill for a few hours to allow flavors to combine.
- Store covered in your refrigerator up to a week (the basil will look wilted but still taste great)
No green tomatoes? Use extra cucumbers or ripe tomatoes in their place.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cups
- Calories: 87
Keywords: greek salad with green tomatoes, greek salad