Let’s face it, gift cards are an easy present even if they’re not very personal. You can grab a variety of gift cards at almost any grocery store, big box store or discount market. Heck, even my pharmacy sells gift cards! Personalize gift cards by gifting them with easy DIY Christmas magnets.
This post uses affiliate links. They don’t cost you a thing and help us bring you creative projects. Read more in Policies & Disclosures.
Gift Card Value
When I give a gift card I like most of the gift value to be spent on the actual gift card… not on the wraping paper! Lavish wrappings can be attractive, but if it costs $10 that is $10 that could be added to the value of the actual card.
This tutorial uses Dollar Tree gift card holders, Christmas buttons from Oriental Trading Company and stick on magnets to make an attractive and affordable gift card presentation. The total project costs less than $3.00 and takes only a few minutes.
Gift Card Holder Supplies
- 1 – Metal gift card holder for each gift card (Dollar Tree)
- 8 – Mini, 1 ¼ inch buttons per gift card holder
- 8 – Peel and stick 0.75-Inch Round Magnet with Foam Adhesive
Gift Card Holder Directions
1. Use a needle nose pliers to remove the pin from the back of the buttons.
2. Peel the back off the magnets and stick to the pins.
3. Carefully remove the plastic gift card holder from the metal case.
4. Place the magnets in the gift card holder. You can fit four magnets on the top and four on the bottom. Replace the plastic liner.
5. Give a fun, personalized gift card!
Gift Card Holder Idea with Easy Magnet DIY Cost
- Metal gift card holder, $1.00
- Mini, 1 ¼ inch buttons, $1.31
- Peel and stick magnets, $0.48
- Total cost: $2.78!
I love this craft! It’s simple enough to do with your kids, cost-effective, and only takes a few minutes. You can personalize it for any occasion by choosing different buttons.
Tip: I use this method to make buttons my kids receive into magnets for our refrigerator. It’s a great way to display memories.