Easy Homemade Mac and Cheese for One: all-natural recipes using simple ingredients to make simple healthy macaroni and cheese for one.
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni noodles (whole wheat or white)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Milk (skim, whole or 2%)
- 1 tsp Cornstarch (optional)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste) (optional)
- Place the noodles and water in a microwave-safe bowl or mug. Add a pinch of salt (if using) and stir.
- Microwave for 4-6 minutes. Check after 4 minutes to stir and see if you need to add a few more tablespoons of water. Your noodles should have a bit of water in the bottom when al dente.
- Mix cornstarch or arrowroot powder into the cold milk. The cornstarch or arrowroot powder will make your cheese sauce thick and creamy.
- Stir the milk mixture into your noodles.
- Add the cheese and stir.
- Microwave the mac and cheese for 30 seconds then stir until creamy. You may need to microwave for an extra 30 seconds if the cheese is not fully melted once stirring.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 4.7 g
- Sodium: 133 mg
- Fat: 3.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.8 g
- Protein: 11.3 g
- Cholesterol: 10.6 mg
Keywords: easy mac and cheese, single serve mac and cheese