I love chocolate fudge: rich creamy goodness that melts on the tip of your tongue and engulfs your taste buds. Can anything be better than chocolate? Why yes, delicious chocolate with health benefits.
This recipe for easy chocolate fudge combines coconut oil and cocoa powder into a simple, tasty, and HEALTHY fudge. That’s right, I said healthy fudge! (Do you hear choirs of angels?)
In addition to being tasty, the rich chocolate flavor is accented with nuts, dried cranberries and a hint of flaky sea salt. While salted fudge may sound a bit odd, the salt perfectly highlights the naturally sweet ingredients.
Chocolate Fudge with Sea Salt Health Benefits
Coconut oil is all the rage today and advocates boast of its amazing healthy benefits: it can reduce appetite, increase fat burning, improve your skin and nails, help with cholesterol levels, and more. (Read more about coconut oil.)
Cocoa powder also has health benefits. One tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder has 12 calories, 1 gram of protein, 1.8 grams of fiber, 3 -9 percent of the recommended daily intake of iron, manganese, magnesium and zinc, plus flavonoids which can lower blood pressure and improve blood flow. (Read more about cocoa powder.)
Local raw honey can help keep seasonal allergies at bay by desensitizing suffers through repeated exposure to pollen. We use it at our home, but it is can be difficult to eat a spoonful of plain honey. This recipe keeps it raw (so the health benefits are preserved) but makes it taste even better. Please be warned, raw honey is not pasteurized so it should not be consumed by infants under the age of one or people with compromised immune systems. (Read more about raw honey.)
Raw walnuts also have health benefits, they have been found to decrease hunger, increase weight loss, reduce stress, reduce bad LDL cholesterol, and improve brain health (Read more about walnuts.)
Sea salt contains magnesium, calcium, potassium, iron, zinc and iodine. It can help with electrolyte balance and thyroid health. (Read more about sea salt.)Print
This recipe for easy chocolate fudge combines coconut oil and cocoa powder into a simple, tasty, and HEALTHY fudge.
- 1/2 cup unrefined virgin coconut oil (room temperature about 68 degrees)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts (roughly chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/8 tsp sea salt (optional, for topping)
- Mix coconut oil, cocoa powder, honey, vanilla and 1/8 tsp sea salt until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts, dried cranberries or raisins, and mini chocolate chips (if using).
- Spread into a 6×8 glass pan (or similar size) greased with coconut oil.
- Sprinkle fudge evenly with 1/8 tsp. of sea salt.
- Refrigerate until the fudge is solid, ½-1 hour.
- Cut into 1 inch squares with a sharp knife and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 inch square
- Calories: 59
Keywords: sea salt chocolate fudge, easy chocolate fudge, salted fudge
I hope you try my recipe for Chocolate Fudge with Sea Salt and taste how delicious healthy eating can be!
Have you ever made coconut oil fudge or candy?