Boneless pork chops or country style pork ribs simmer with cranberries, onion and apples to create a delicious dish flavored with balsamic vinegar. Try this easy and delicious slow cooker recipe.
- 2 cups white onion (quartered and separated)
- 1.5–2.5 lbs thick cut pork chops or county style ribs (boneless)
- 1/4–1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4–1/2 cup brown sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2–4 cups apple slices (½ inch thick)
- Lightly oil your crock pot to make cleanup easier. Place onions in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Layer cranberries over onions.
- Layer pork over cranberries.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and apple juice, pour over pork. (For a milder flavor combine the vinegar with brown sugar and apple juice then pour over pork). Salt and pepper pork lightly.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on low. *
- Add apples and cook until tender (about 40 minutes). Pork should have a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F
- Remove pork, apples, cranberries and some onions to a serving platter. Use an immersion blender to puree sauce left in crock pot and serve alongside the pork chops.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve with rice, mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes.
*Please note, all crock pots cook at a slightly different rate. Adjust cooking time if your slow cooker is fast or slow.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 320
Keywords: Crock Pot Pork with Cranberries and Apples, pork and apples