Crispy energy balls are a kid pleasing snack that is low in sugar and calories but high in iron, fiber and protein. Try this easy, no bake recipe today.
- 1½ cups whole rolled oats (chopped lightly in food processor)
- 1½ cups crispy rice cereal
- ½ cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup flax seed (ground)
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Stir together peanut butter, coconut oil and honey in a small mixing bowl until smooth
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over dry ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
- Chill mixture for 20 -40 minutes. Press 2 tablespoons of mixture together into small balls and store in a covered glass container. (Do not roll, the balls will crumble.)
- Tip: You can also press the mix into a greased 9″ X 13″ pan, chill, and cut into 4 rows of 8 squares.
- Chill energy balls for 30 minutes then enjoy.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Serving Size – 1 energy ball
Nutrition information uses unsweetened coconut and natural peanut butter.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 3.8
- Sodium: 3.1
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 5.6
- Fiber: 1.3
- Protein: 1.6
Keywords: crispy energy balls, energy balls for kids