This quick and easy whole chicken recipe will become a staple in your house. It is a healthy alternative to store-bought rotisserie chicken with a wonderful flavor, crispy skin and tender meat.
- 1 whole chicken ((4–5 lbs))
- 1 tsp rosemary or thyme ((crushed, vary this spice to change the recipe flavor))
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Remove the giblet pouch from inside the chicken and rinse the bird with cool water. Place in the slow cooker and sprinkle seasoning over your entire chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 – 4 1/2 hours, or LOW for 6 1/2 – 8 hours.
- If you prefer your chicken with crispy skin, place the cooked bird on an oven proof platter and roast at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Check frequently to make sure the skin does not over brown.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes such as Oven Roasted Root Vegetables.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 247
Keywords: Easy Roast Chicken, Slow Cooker roast chicken