My favorite, go-to meal is easy roast chicken in the slow cooker. It takes just a few minutes to prepare and is always a crowd-pleaser. Try this crazy easy recipe instead of rotisserie chicken today.
Cooking from scratch is a tasty way to get my family to eat healthy, unprocessed foods. And I love cooking…
UNTIL the witching hour comes along!
I’m not talking about midnight. The witching hour at my house is that dangerous hour between work and dinner when you want to throw healthy eating out the window and run to the nearest drive-thru.
It’s a perilous time full of unrelenting hunger, an overload of activities, whiny children, and cranky husbands. (Back me up here, peeps!)
I combat the witching hour with one tried and true weapon… my slow cooker.
Throw and Go Cooking
I love simple recipes that cook slowly all day so a tasty meal is ready and waiting.
… I’m talking easy throw and go recipes!
… Meals with very little effort
… No browning meat or sautéing garlic at 7 a.m.
Easy Roast Chicken Recipe
Roast chicken in the slow cooker ROCKS for 3 reasons:
- It’s a super simple recipe that is easy to customize.
- Chicken is a great dinner choice no matter the season.
- It’s a hit with everyone in the family, even the picky eaters!
This quick and easy whole chicken recipe will become a staple in your house. It is a healthy alternative to store-bought rotisserie chicken with a wonderful flavor, crispy skin and tender meat.
- 1 whole chicken ((4–5 lbs))
- 1 tsp rosemary or thyme ((crushed, vary this spice to change the recipe flavor))
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Remove the giblet pouch from inside the chicken and rinse the bird with cool water. Place in the slow cooker and sprinkle seasoning over your entire chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 – 4 1/2 hours, or LOW for 6 1/2 – 8 hours.
- If you prefer your chicken with crispy skin, place the cooked bird on an oven proof platter and roast at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Check frequently to make sure the skin does not over brown.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes such as Oven Roasted Root Vegetables.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 247
Keywords: Easy Roast Chicken, Slow Cooker roast chicken
Simple & Healthy Eating
Slow cooker chicken is a healthy alternative to take out with a wonderful flavor, crispy skin and tender meat. Skip the store-bought rotisserie that is loaded with sodium and put your crock pot to work.
Add some easy Oven Roasted Root Vegetables for a tasty dinner.
I hope you try this quick and easy whole chicken recipe and save your family from the dinnertime witching hour!
More Easy Crock Pot Recipes
Try these other easy crock pot recipes that are sure to become family favorites:
Like my easy crock pot recipes? Sign up for my free newsletter and never miss a thing!
Bren Did Newsletter Subscribers Get Access!