Combine traditional American cucumber salad with Asian rice vinegar and you have the most delicious Asian Cucumber Salad recipe. It works as an accent relish to grilled flank steak or fish, it is equally satisfying as a side dish, and is always a hit at a summer picnic.
- 1 cup carrots (finely diced )
- 1 cup ½ peeled and seeded cucumber (diced)
- 2 green onions (diced)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/2 – 1 tsp kosher salt (or table salt, to taste)
- Mix all ingredients together and chill for at least one hour.
- Stir before serving
- This salad stores well and the flavors continue to develop the longer it sits.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 17
Keywords: Asian cucumber salad, cucumber salad, cucumber carrot salad