St Patrick’s Day treats are a fun way to surprise your kids, but most of the ideas found online are loaded with refined sugar and artificial food coloring. These easy and healthy St Patrick’s Day foods are perfect for school parties, an after-school snack, or a Saint Patrick’s meal.
Who remembers being served green foods as a kid on St. Patrick’s Day? Green milk, green juice, green mashed potatoes, green eggs & ham, or even green jello… the green food coloring game was strong when I was in elementary school!
Each March 17, the urge to go green hits lots of us! I get it. It’s fun to be festive, but I still want to feed my kids healthy food. So what’s a fun-loving parent to do?
Healthy St. Patrick’s Day Treats for Kids
Check out this huge list of St. Patrick’s day treats that are made without sugar or artificial food coloring. Your family will love the colorful delicious food. You’ll love serving a naturally health treat.
Fruit, it’s sweet enough to feel like a treat, but packed with vitamins and nutrients so you feel good about serving these gorgeous St. Patrick’s Day snacks to your kiddos.
- Green Fruit Skewers (top left) from Get Creative Juice
- Rainbow Fruit Skewers (top right) from Raining Hot Coupons
- Rainbow Fruit Tray (bottom left) from Passion for Savings
- Irish Flag Fruit Skewers (bottom right) from Finding Zest
Theses colorful snack are healthy eating in disguise, thanks to the addition of a healthy rainbow of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Fruit Pizza Bagels (top left) from No. 2 Pencil
- Fruit and Granola Rainbow Parfait (top right) from Lemon Lime Adventures
- Rainbow Mini Sandwiches (bottom left) from Super Healthy Kids
- Rainbow Fruit Pops (bottom right) from The Typical Mom
Leprechaun Themed Treats
Let’s face it, leprechauns are ridiculously fun — which makes them the perfect St. Patrick’s Day snack inspiration for kids.
- Lucky Leprechaun Apples (top left) from Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons
- Silly Leprechaun Sandwich (top right) from Creative Food
- Cucumber Leprechaun Top Hats (bottom left) from Creative Food
- Fruity Leprechaun Pancakes (bottom right) from Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons
Shamrock Shaped Snacks
Shamrocks are a favorite symbol of St Patrick’s Day. These healthy shamrock ideas make tasty St. Patrick’s Day snacks for kids and adults alike.
- Shamrock Cucumber Tea Sandwiches (top left) from Will Cook for Smiles
- Shamrock Veggie Skewers (top right) from Two Healthy Kitchens
- Shamrock Kiwi Slices (bottom left) from Recipe.com
- Shamrock Tortilla Chips (bottom right) from Spiced Blog
Pot of Gold Recipes
Gold isn’t the only thing you can find at the end of the rainbow! When you serve these delicious recipes your family will think they’ve found the leprechaun’s real treasure.
- Pot o’ Gold Salsa with Shamrock Chips (top left) from How Does She
- Pot of Gold Roasted Root Vegetable Soup plus other Irish recipes (top right) from Culinary.net
- Pot of Gold Smoothies plus Healthy Shamrock Shakes (bottom left) from Sorey Fitness
- Pot O’ Gold St Patrick’s Day Fruit Cups (bottom right) from Bren Did
One Bite Snacks
These bit size goodies are a great way to sneak fruits and veggies into your kids’ day. Serve them on Saint Patrick’s Day or anytime.
- Rainbow Yogurt Dots (top left) from Small Fry Blog
- Rainbow Gummy Snacks (top right) from Modern Parents Messy Kids
- Paleo Skittles (bottom left) from Joyful Abode
- Green Juice Gummy Bears (bottom right) from Simply Taralynn
St. Patrick’s Day Pizza
Ask any kid to name their top three favorite foods and there’s a pretty good chance pizza will make the list. These festive versions are perfect for an easy Saint Patrick’s Day dinner, lunch, or snack.
- Shamrock Mini Pizzas (top left) from Little Family Adventure
- Rainbow Cauliflower Pizza (top right) from Gimme Delicious
- Green Goddess Pizza (bottom left) from Well and Full
- Spinach Shamrock Pizza (bottom right) from Make the Best of Everything
Festive Veggies and Dip
Veggie trays with tasty dips are an easy way to get your family to eat more vegetables. You’ll be busting these recipes out way more often than just St. Patrick’s Day.
- Green Ombre Veggie Tray (top left) from Paging Supermom
- Oil Free Spinach Hummus (top right) from Elephantastic Vegan
- Better than Trader Joes’ Edamame Hummus (bottom left) from Oh My Veggies
- Avocado Ranch Dip (bottom right) from Two Healthy Kitchens
St. Paddy’s Day Breakfast Ideas
These adorable St Patrick’s Day breakfast ideas are sweet enough to feel like a treat, but healthy enough to start the day. Top o’ the mornin’ to ya!
- No Food Coloring Green Pancakes (top left) from Beautifully Candid
- Rainbow Smoothies (top right) from The First Year Blog
- Lucky Spinach Quiche (bottom left) from Diamonds for Dessert
- Sunny Side Up Shamrock Eggs (bottom right) from Moxie Beauty
Groovy Green St Patrick’s Day Lunches
Even the pickiest eater will love these green-as-a-shamrock lunch choices. They’re so delicious they might make your regular lunch menu.
- Turkey and Cranberry Pinwheels (top left) from Dessert Now Dinner Later
- Shamrock Avocado Toast (top right) from Eating Richly
- Green Mac and Cheese (bottom left) from Weelicious
- Green Goddess Sandwiches (bottom right) from The Bojon Gourmet
St. Patrick’s Day Desserts
These desserts are not just delicious, they’re full of healthy ingredients… so you can feel good about your kids sneaking an extra serving (or two).
- Green Apple Sorbet (top left) from Genius Kitchen
- Healthy Shamrock Shake (top right) from Real Food Real Deals
- Mint Chocolate Nice Cream (bottom left) from Chocolate Covered Katie
- Rainbow Fruit Pizza (bottom right) from Baking Mad
Healthy Green Muffins
Behold the power of naturally green ingredients! Matcha green tea, spinach, and even broccoli lend their color to these adorable (and tasty) muffins. You’re sure to find a sweet or savory version your family will love.
- Lemon Matcha Muffins (top left) from Beautiful Eats and Things
- Broccoli and Cornbread Muffins (top right) from Produce for Kids
- Green Monster Veggie Muffins (bottom left) from Easy Toddler Meals
- Gluten Free Spinach Ricotta Muffins (bottom right) from Leelalicious
Naturally Green Side Dishes
Check out these beautiful green hues! These mouth-watering recipes add St. Patrick’s Day cheer to any meal (plus they’re a great alternative to green food coloring when planning a festive menu).
- Cheesy Broccoli Bites (top left) from Super Healthy Kids
- Green Veggie Potato Pancakes (top right) from Kitchen Stewardship
- Baked Broccoli Tots (bottom left) from Gimme Delicious
- Avocado Deviled Eggs (bottom right) from This Mama Cooks
I hope your St. Patrick’s Day is filled with healthy rainbows, tasty shamrocks, and lots & lots of naturally green treats!
Like my easy recipes and free printables? Sign up for my newsletter below and never miss a thing!
Bren Did Newsletter Subscribers Get Access!