Tortellini Tomato Soup Recipe: quite possibly the easiest dinner you will ever make and the delicious flavor will earn it a place in your regular dinner rotation.
In addition to being delicious and easy to prepare this recipe has some additional bonuses:
- It’s an incredibly fast way to get dinner on the table,
- It uses ingredients that you can keep on hand for busy nights,
- It’s easy to scale (feed two or a crowd),
- It just might get your kids to eat spinach!
Are you ready to get cooking?
- 1 -15.2 oz family size can Campbell’s tomato soup
- 1 package frozen small round ravioli or tortellini (14-19 oz). You can also use refridgerated or dried tortellini, just cook in water according to package directions then proceed with recipe.
- 1 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning, crushed If you don’t have Italian seasoning, use ½ tsp basil, ½ tsp oregano, ¼ tsp thyme, and ¼ tsp rosemary.
- 10 oz fresh spinach
- Heat soup with 1 can of water and Italian seasoning until hot and nearly boiling.
- Add frozen ravioli or tortellini and heat until warmed through, do not allow soup to boil.
- Stir in fresh spinach until wilted.
- Serve with a variety of toppings for sprinkling (this is the part my children like best). Suggested Soup Toppings: Finely shredded Parmesan or mozzarella cheese, Cooked and diced turkey bacon, Chopped green onions, Diced fresh basil, Garlic croutons, or anything else that sound good to your family...
Suggested Tortellini Tomato Soup Recipe Toppings
- Finely shredded Parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- Cooked and diced turkey bacon
- Chopped green onions
- Diced fresh basil
- Garlic croutons
- Or anything else that sound good to your family…
What's your favorite “quick” and tasty dinner?