This adorable glitter pumpkin tutorial adds the perfect sparkle to your fall decor for less than $2.00!
I have an annoying habit of wandering around craft or home improvement stores looking for things I can create. One of my favorite places to play this game is the Dollar Tree (where everything is $1). I love poking around and imagining what I can upgrade from the available materials. I was gazing at the Halloween supplies when I saw this cute glitter jack-o-lanterns. Remove the face (aka turn it around backwards) and they remind me of the Pottery Barn Inspired Light Up Glitter Pumpkin. I brought a couple home and did a little makeover. This may be the world’s easiest Halloween craft tutorial!
1. Carefully remove the gray plastic pumpkin stem. The pumpkins are made of Styrofoam so it pulls out easily. Try not to pull off any glitter.
2. Spray paint the stems lightly with rubbed bronze (or brown) spray paint. Next, lightly mist the stems with gold spray paint.
3. Once the stems are dry reglue them into the pumpkin. I used hot glue, you can also use super glue.
5. Enjoy your PB knock-off! (Remember, I have strategically placed my jack-o-lanterns backwards so you cannot see the face.)
Glitter Pumpkin Tutorial Cost
This sparkly little pumpkin adds the perfect amount of bling to your Halloween decorations. The best part? You don’t have to part with $18 to add it to your Halloween collection!
Here’s the BrenDid cost breakdown:
- Glitter jack-o-lantern, Dollar Tree, $1
- Spray Paint, gold and bronze, $0.50
- Glue stick – $0.10
Total price= $1.60
That’s a $16.40 savings (91% off).
I LOVE the savings even more than my new pumpkins!
More Dollar Tree Makeovers
More Halloween Crafts
Try making a Light Up Glitter Pumpkin or one of my other crafts to bling up your Halloween décor!
- Pottery Barn Kids Inspired Orange Trick or Treat Banner
- Pottery Barn Kids Inspired Bat Chandelier
- Williams-Sonoma Halloween Crow Wreath
- Pottery Barn Inspired Trick or Treat Banner in Black (with Harry Potter Decor ideas)
- Pottery Barn Inspired Black BOO Pumpkin Luminary
- Pottery Barn Kids Inspired Boo Banner
- Pottery Barn Inspired Happy Halloween Banner
Subscribe to my free email newsletter and never miss a holiday craft project.
Subscribe to the Bren Did Newsletter to Get Access